Pre-K to Grade 12 students (including students eligible for the Special Artist category) may submit an unlimited number of entries that interpret this theme in any or all of the program’s six arts categories:
- Dance Choreography
- Film Production
- Music Composition
- Visual Arts (including 3D art!)
The submission deadline for all Hamburg Central schools is Monday, November 13th, 2017. Please be sure to submit an entry form with each entry and label each entry on the back with the title, arts category, and age division (as well as the student’s name for literature and visual arts entries only). The age divisions are:
- Primary (Pre-K to Grade 2)
- Intermediate (Grades 3-5)
- Middle/Junior (Grades 6-8)
- Senior (Grades 9-12)
- Special Artist (any grade)
For more information about the Reflections program, please visit
We recommend that you pick up entry forms at your child’s school, because we’ll have already filled out the basic information PTSA requires for you. If you choose to download and print the form from the NYS PTA web site, please contact your school’s Reflections chair and/or PTSA Vice President for that information.
Contact Information at each school:
- Armor: Christine Jurusik, email@example.com
- BVS: Robin Bartoo, firstname.lastname@example.org, and Amy Bus, email@example.com
- Charlotte: Holly Lanciano or Jenni Eger, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Union Pleasant: Scott Panfil, email@example.com
- Middle School: Sonja Jensen, firstname.lastname@example.org; Kuniko Simon, email@example.com
- High School: Nicole Dayka, NDayka@hamburgschools.org
To learn more about the rules for the Reflections program, please go to the NYS PTA web site to find the appropriate rules sheets (available in English and Spanish). Please carefully review the “Official Rules” and the rules for each of the categories for which your child is interested in creating art. Please don’t hesitate to contact your school’s Reflections chair or me if you have any questions. Nobody should hold back from participating because the rules seem intimidating for them to figure out. We’re here to help. Anything we can’t answer, we’ll figure out who to ask so that we may get the information you need back to you as quickly as possible.
Thank you for your interest in the Reflections program. Please encourage students you know in any of the Hamburg Central schools to participate this year. It’s a great opportunity for them to exercise their creativity and stretch their imaginations. Here are some points you might want to discuss with them:
- PTA Reflections welcomes students of all grades and all abilities to explore their inner artist.
- Students reflect on the annual theme in school or at home and are recognized for their participation and achievement in the arts.
- Every student is recognized for their accomplishments with the opportunity for state and national awards and recognition.
- The love of art and celebration of students can bring people together—families, teachers, and friends in the community.
- New academic standards require more critical thinking and problem solving, which translates into more creativity and deeper reflection. That’s why Reflections isn’t just for arts classes.
- Families can support their children’s participation by creating time and space for students to work on their entries, providing encouragement and needed materials and volunteering to support the Reflections program.
Hamburg Central has a great history of sending entries on to regional, state, and even national judging. Last year, we had 10 students from the district win Honorable Mention in the Western NY region and another two move on to states, where Roman Jurusik won an Award of Merit in Photography (he was one of only seven kids from the Western Region to win an Award of Merit, with two going on to nationals for winning Awards of Excellence). Let’s see if we can send the maximum number of entries up to the Western Region by early December!
Have an idea for next year’s Reflection Theme – Click here to submit it by October 19th.
Looking forward to another great Reflections year.
Bruce N. Simon
Hamburg Central District Reflections Chairperson
PTSA at Hamburg Middle School is planning exciting events and programs for your children and the staff. Parental support and participation are needed for PTSA to succeed. Please join us.
VICE PRESIDENT- LEILON DUFF firstname.lastname@example.org
TREASURER- KELLY HEINE email@example.com
SECRETARY- MARY BETH KOCH firstname.lastname@example.org
MEMBERSHIP- KARIE HELD email@example.com
If you have a suggestion, contact an officer prior to a meeting. This allows officers the time to research your idea and present the information to PSTA members.
Click the Join Now button to use the online system or print out the paper form from the Quick Links.
Did you know your Hamburg PTSA membership comes with benefits? Check them out here: http://www.nyspta.org/YourPTA/YourPTA_Membership_Benefits.cfm